About the daily kayak tour
2 hours duration | Free cancellation until 24 hours before tour
We will leave from Marina Grande di Sorrento in our kayaks and reach Punta del Capo, where the Roman villa of Pollio Felice stands, dating back to 41 – 54 AD. It is also known as Bagni della Regina Giovanna, famous for the natural heart-shaped pool with emerald green water, which we will access by kayak passing through the small opening in the cliff.
Ruins with opus reticulatum, mosaics, and frescoes blend with wild nature. It is an enchanting place where there will be opportunities to take a swim, freely explore the villa, and take many photographs.
We will leisurely return to Marina Grande to finish the kayak excursion.
We will meet in Via Marina Grande, 90, 80067 – Sorrento 15 minutes before departure, have an introductory lesson, and prepare the kayaks for departure.
We will pass in front of the ancient tonnara and travel along the limestone coast of Sorrento towards the Bagni della Regina Giovanna.
Visit to Queen Giovanna's natural pool
We will visit the natural pool of the Bagni della Regina Giovanna, where you can take a swim, take lots of photos, and explore the ruins of the Roman age.
We will admire the Roman villa of Pollio Felice from the outside and then return to Marina Grande to end the tour.
The fleet consists of 10 single kayaks and 13 double kayaks. The single kayak is perfect for most of our guests. The double kayak is more fun for couples or parents with children, being more stable. Subject to availability, you can choose the kayak you prefer.
10 single kayaks
- Weight – 24 kg
- Length – 4,5 m
6 tandem kayaks
- Weight – 36 kg
- Length – 5,2 m
7 tandem kayaks
- Weight – 44 kg
- Length – 5,8 m
- More stable
Cancellation of booking is free up to 24 hours before the tour. If you have changed your mind or can no longer come, please let us know as soon as possible.
What to bring and what to wear
March, April, October, and November
We recommend that you wear a swimsuit and also sports or athletic trousers, a windbreaker, and bring a dry change of clothes for the return.
May and June
We recommend that you wear a swimsuit and also shorts and a T-shirt, perhaps a windbreaker, and bring a dry change of clothes for the return.
July, August, and September
We recommend that you wear a swimsuit and also shorts and a T-shirt.
Also bring a hat and sunscreen to protect yourself from the sun, sandals, flip-flops, or water shoes, a towel, and water.
We will provide you with a 5-liter waterproof bag, in which you can put your valuables (wallets, keys, etc.), and a waterproof smartphone case, which will be returned at the end of the tour. Attention: we will not be held responsible for any kind of damage caused to your valuables (for example, from splashes).
We will also provide you with a life jacket, which you will need to wear for the duration of the tour.
- Changing room
- Unattended small luggage storage
Adverse weather conditions
In the event of adverse weather conditions, you will be promptly contacted to change or postpone the kayak excursion to another time or day.
Changes to the itinerary
Depending on the sea conditions, we reserve the right to change the itinerary in order to ensure a pleasant tour and the maximum safety of our guests.
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Babies of a few months old must travel on the lap of a parent (who will not row) in the double kayak with the instructor or with the other parent.
- Kayaking is a strenuous athletic activity, so children and young people without adequate physical ability must be accompanied by an adult in a double kayak.
- From October 1 to May 31 children under 10 years pay 20% less.
- Physically disabled people
- Customers with physical disabilities travel in the double kayak with the instructor. Please inform us of any physical disabilities when booking.
- Knowing how to swim – Knowing how to swim is mandatory.
- Good health – Kayaking is a demanding athletic activity, therefore, to participate in the excursion it is mandatory to be in good health, not have any illness, and not have taken alcohol or drugs.
- Shared tour – The excursion is shared with other people. To book a private tour, visit the dedicated section.